1. First, let me say thank you for all of the feed back about how to go out and still be dairy free. Everyone had great ideas and it was very helpful. Marc and I never made it out last week, but we were able to get a dairy free menu emailed to us from Red Robin and so armed with that we are going go there for my birthday on Saturday. :) I will let you know how it turns out.
2. Why is it that getting heart healthy always seems to involve asparagus and brussel sprouts?!? For me those I like the two worst veggies there are and I am really a vegetable person.
3. I am absolutely bonkers for office supplies! I mean head over heals in love. I needed to get a bound notebook of graph paper so that I can start recording some stuff about Alex (that is a story for another day) and knew that Walmart didn't have what I needed. So tonight I stopped at Office Max. I shouldn't have gone into that store alone! They have isle upon isle of brightly lit supplies. :) Paper, pencils, binders and notebooks. There were these cute little paper clips, some cool locker dividers, card holders and don't get me started on the rows and rows of pens! ***be still my heart*** I know this is a silly obsession and that I should not really be allowed in public. But to quote someone famous that I can't remember, "The pen is mightier than the sword."
4. Why do they make hospitals so confusing? To get to Al's doctor, Alex and I had to go across the parking garage, down a long hallway, down an elevator, down another hallway, to the information desk, back down second said hallway for the second time, down the new hallway, turning left, then right, then left, the right again, to go up another elevator, in order to get to the door to get into the doctors office. It really shouldn't be so complicated that you feel like you have just entered into a corn maze from hell.
5. I was rather disappointed in the last book I read. It was by one of my favorite authors, Catherine Anderson, but instead of being up to her usual stellar standers, the story was only okay, the language was atrocious, and I felt thoroughly disappointed in her sub-pare book. :/