Thursday, February 16, 2017

Broken

My heart hurts. Matty got called home to his Heavenly Father Jan. 22, 2017. I've had the privilege of watching him grow from a 12 year old boy to a truly good man and wonderful husband and father. I know he is busy and doing what our Father in Heaven needs him to do. But my heart is leaden for the tender family he has left behind.

I can not take Meggs burden of shattering loneliness, I can not change what our new normal will be, I can not take away the devastation that my husband feels, or blunt the sharpness of the moments that Bruce feels over the moments that Matt will miss here with his children. There is only one thing for me to do and that is to turn to my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I must actively, faithfully, completely trust and believe in all that my Savior has taught.

In Isaiah 49:16 our Savior said "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

I am constantly looking at my hands, washing my hands, using my hands. They are always in my sight. What a comfort it is to me that in all my weakness and failings I can see my hands knowing that my Savior, in all of his strength and perfection, is always aware of me helps me to better trust all that is promised.

So today I will walk into the darkness with the faith that as I step into the unknown, the light will move.

Stacie

No comments: