Sunday, February 21, 2016

Leprechaun Scurry

Yesterday was my first race of the season. It was put on by the local high school. It was a 5k or pretty near a 5k. It was 3 miles instead of 3.1 but it was close enough for me. ;)  My goal was to run the whole thing and I did. Finished in 40:16.8 minutes. That's a whole 5 minutes faster than the last 5k I did 2 years ago. 

Marc let me go get my nails done at the store, so I could represent the color of my St. Patrick's Day hubby. :)
Here I am before the race. She how smily-ee and somewhat nervous I am?
                                               Aaahhh, the stupidity.
I am a shirt kinda gal. If it comes with a shirt I usually shell out the extra for the shirt. I thought this one was cute.
Here is me and my friend, Janneke, (her name is Danish JA-nee-ka). She's a great runner and took 58th our of 168 racers. I was 119 overall.
It  was a good way to start my season. I haven't run 3 miles straight in 2 years. It's good for me to do hard things. I don't love (actually I really quite dislike running) but I feel very accomplished when I do. Probably because I didn't run my first mile until 2 years ago. All I can do is be better than I was and look forward to getting on my bike. :)

No comments: