Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hold on a Moment

So this is actually happening here in just shy of 6 months. My eldest will be graduating from high school. Sure is crazy to think about. This summer has been a hard one to contemplate. I think about visiting family and then remember that it will just be me and 3 kids instead of 4, with Nik headed on his mission soon after he graduates. It is sure a crazy thing to have adult kids.


On a side note our family has been asked to participate in a panel discussion on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy in our homes for Stake Conference. We had a family council on it last night and the kids decided that they would be willing to do it. It's for the Saturday adult session. We are supposed to be keeping it "real". My kids should have no problem with that. My favorite yes vote came from Hannah. She said that she didn't really want to do it, BUT the felt like we should do it and that we would be blessed for it...so her vote was yes. It was super cute.

All the kids are getting so grown. Hyrum even gave me a hug and a kiss before he left for mutual last night. Granted it was a bit like getting hugged by an overgrown stick, but was wonderful nonetheless. (Hyrum has stretched! 5'8" and skinny, skinny, skinny, now.) I never thought that I would have to teach my boys how to hug short people. Not that I didn't think they would be taller than me, but that it was something I would have to teach. Nik has gotten much better, but Al is still working on it.


No comments: