Sunday, September 7, 2014

pant...pant...pant...

Where to start... Mom had her total knee replacement surgery on Tuesday. This is her Tuesday afternoon. You are up walking the same day and she's been going ever since. She has been home 3 days now, and 5 days pass surgery. It went really great, but Wednesday was the hardest day. Each day since had gotten better. Mom's a real trooper.
This Anna on Tuesday. She was ready to pop. I went over there for a bit to drop off stuff after leaving the hospital. On my way home from here, I got a phone call from Sam's football coach.
Sam had broken his arm and I needed to come grab him and take him to the ER. Poor guy not only had a broken forearm but had to have his jersey and bronco shirt cut off. He was not a happy camper. It is our first broken bone out of 16 years of having kids. Not too bad of a track record. :)
Sam ended up having to have a closed reduction surgery to set his arm. The only good thing about it all was that he got an adorable stuffed monkey. Sam loves those kinds of things.
I loved this picture. Since Sam broke his are and was out of school a couple of days, mom hadn't been released from her surgery, and Marc had to take Dad to Spokane for his pelvis appointment, Sam got to come hang out with me and Grammy. They were both on pain meds and had passed out.
Mom got released by about 5ish on Wednesday. And I got to head back Thursday morning because I was part of Anna's delivery team. That is the only good reason to have to go to the hospital. Having a healthy baby. Anna was a rock-star. She delivered Everett Wayne Marlatt at 2:15pm. He was 9lbs 9oz, 21 inches long. He's a cute chunk. It was such a special experience to actually see a baby be born.

I am avoiding the hospital like the plague right now. Mostly I am enjoying being not there. I'm not really home yet, as I spend my days with mom. She really is making good progress. Her third day was the hardest. Every day since has gotten a little better and a little better.

I am so grateful for my family and friends. There has been some wonderful meals brought our way that have been such a blessing. Thank You.


No comments: