Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blessings

Hello Ladies,

It is so amazing to me how much moments of time can be a real "tried and tested" part of our mortal experience. There is so much of this life that is just plain hard. We all have these times. They are different and distinct for each of us but we are common in that we all have to deal with trials, hardship, and pain. I spent a lot of time sitting and waiting in the hospital this week. Not sick or hurt myself but waiting for loved ones who were. With all that time to wait, I listened to others around me. Their fears for their loved ones, if they had a belief in God, or if they just had belief in their surgeon. I came to understand more fully what a wonderful gift I have.

I am blessed with the knowledge that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are true and living beings who know me intimately. They know what I can take, what I can't, and what I need to get though. I was reading Pres. Eyring's talk from last women's conference and he said this which I found utterly fascinating.


"You were tutored by Him before you came into this life. He helped you understand and accept that you would have trials, tests, and opportunities perfectly chosen just for you. You learned that our Father had a plan of happiness to get you safely through those trials and that you would help bring others safely through theirs.This plan is marked by covenants with God.
It is our free choice whether we make and keep those covenants. Only a few of His daughters have the opportunity in this life to even learn of those covenants. You are one of the favored few. You, dear sisters, each of you is daughter in the covenant."


I want to publicly thanks my Heavenly Father. He has blessed me beyond measure. Find those things he has blessed you with. Fill a journal, fill a jar, or just fill your heart with how much you are loved.

Yours,
Stacie Catanzaro
CD'A 2nd Ward Relief Society President

No comments: