Monday, August 18, 2014

Strictly I'll Obey

In our church, we have a women's organization called Relief Society. It encompasses all the women in our church. In our ward, I am what is call the Relief Society President. This means I have stewardship over the women who are within the boundaries of our congregation. I pray for them, make sure they are cared for, help to spiritually lead them to Christ, and help them with their general welfare. They are "my" ladies.

Part of how I do this is by writing a weekly email that goes out to my Relief Society ladies. Especially during the summer, I find it hard to keep in touch with them and I want them to know that I am thinking about them. As I have started writing here again, using this as my journal of sorts, I wanted to put up that weekly email here so that I have a record of my thoughts and inspiration.

Here is this weeks post:

Good Morning Ladies,

So this week has definitely been a better week. I'm so blessed with the love of my family and friends. I am also blessed to have the perspective the gospel gives me. So that when I get beaten by life I can know were to turn for peace and rejuvenation.

I went to church early and had a few moments before our service began to listen to a speaker from the other ward. This sister was a return missionary. She said this.

 "Obedience to the commandments brings blessings, strict obedience brings miracles." 

It was the motto of their mission. But it felt like Heavenly Father was talking to me. I had not really thought about the distinction between the two types of obedience. I know over the last few weeks I had not been strictly obedient to those things that anchor me.

Elder Perry spoke on obedience in this last conference. He said this..."Strong, proactive obedience is anything but weak or passive. It is the means by which we declare our faith in God and qualify ourselves to receive the powers of heaven. Obedience is a choice. It is a choice between our own limited knowledge and power, and God’s unlimited wisdom and omnipotence." (April 2014 Conference)

I know I need God's unlimited wisdom and omnipotence. I am can be so weak and selfish sometimes, wrapped in my own world. I am human. So this week I will work at the strict obedience that will bring miracles into my life. I want to be one of Heavenly Fathers Masterpieces.

Stacie Catanzaro
CD'A 2nd Ward Relief Society President

No comments: