Thursday, August 14, 2014

Girls Camp

Tuesday afternoon until yesterday afternoon, I went as the second leader for our YW's make-up girls camp. The leader that was supposed to go, got sick. Marc was also the second priesthood leader for that same time period and so it was nice to be with him. Nik watched the younger boys and they did really well. Me, not so much.

I am not much of a camper these days and certainly not with a bunch of girls. I know I am a girl, but I was never that giggly, silly girl. There was never the time for it. I can remember when I was that age, going on a trip with the YW, needing to stay in a motel and getting so fed up by 1 in the morning of them not shutting up, that I dragged my blanket into the bathroom, turned on the fan and slept in the tub.

So I just don't get it. So I just kept quiet and tried not to get in the way. I did surprise my daughter. She thought I did really good. I guess, I just felt really out of place. I'm glad I served and did what needed to be done. But I certainly wouldn't volunteer, if I can help it.





No comments: