Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Busy Like a Mad Woman!

I have been behind on my blogging a bit of late. I've spent the last few weeks running around like a crazy lady and I don't expect it to get any better anytime soon. I have only 3 1/2 weeks left until school starts for Alex and 4 1/2 left for everyone else.

HOLY CRAP-O-LA!!!

Oh well. Here are some pictures of the things I have been up too.

So here goes... These are the cabinets that Dad and installed.
This project took us about 16 hours, 12 of which were in one day because the cabinets were so off and not done correctly and we had to work them in and make them look good. They got granite counter tops about a week after we finished here.
We stopped at the State Line Dog Park the other day and I got some cutie pictures of my boys. Hannah was at Girls Camp, so it was just me and my boys.
Nik is now 5'6". That boy just keeps shooting and shooting up. He starts football on the 15th of August and is at Scout Camp this week.
My light was fading but their smiles light everything up.
 Hannah made a bet with her Uncle Wayne that she could go electronics's free for a month. In return he would get her a piano. This is what we ended up with. It is beautiful and she and I can't wait to start some lessons. It was scratched and dirty when we got but I showed it some love and now it shines.
One of my other projects with Dad was putting the railing on the the steps that we completed last year.
It came out great and really finished off the stairs nicely. We even get to go back with the kids, mom, and Anna to go swimming.
This is the upper portion. There is even a little bump-out spot for a bench.

Friday at Honeysuckle Beach the boys had to get their swim tests done for Scout Camp. Nik, Sam and Al all passed with flying colors. Here are my dang handsome boys.

 
Mom, Anna and I went huckleberry picking on Monday.
The bushes were loaded and we got a good amount. Almost a full gallon for me. Mom always gets a bit more but she is the best picker.
Here are some of the bushes. There are some big berries.

Mom and I are updating our picture walls and I have been working at getting pictures of the kids. Here are some of the ones I got of Hannah and Sam.


Sam was being pretty hammy, so I will probably have to do another round with him. But he is still a lady killer non the less.  ;)


 
Hannah has almost (within 3 chapters) of finishing her first big book. Can you guess the title of the book?
 
Well that is it for the moment.


No comments: