Monday, May 14, 2012

A Hunting We Will Go...Hi Ho the Dairy-O!!!

We have added a seventh member to our home. Is it a dog you might ask or a cat, but no Sam is allergic to those. What about a fish or possibly a chicken? Nope and nope. Our seventh member has just invited itself right in and I for one am not pleased. For it seems there is a mouse in the house.

This is not just any run of the mill mouse either. This fellow is quite daring. So daring in-fact that our kids have named him Despereaux because he comes in even though he is going to be killed. And they are surely right about the killing part.

This little interloper has been driving me nuts. (Not much of trip these days.) I have had my heart stop about half a dozen times as our little fellow has come skirting past my toes. Then there is the smell and the droppings that Despereaux has been leaving behind. Can you just say  *eeeewwwww*? I can. I am so tired of cleaning up mouse poop I could scream. I have been cleaning up kid poop for a very long time and don't need mouse poo added to the mix.

So I have taken action. I got myself some Decon. I didn't want to get a trap set up behind the stove (were he has set up his home) to fish out a dead mouse when it started stinking. I have also cleaned my kitchen with every know cleaner that I could get my hands on. Under the stove, refrigerator, counters, cupboards and any surface that I could get my hands on. I don't think my kitchen has been this clean in awhile.

 I am hopeful that our little furry friend will be out of the house soon. If not I may have to resort to drastic measures.




No comments: