Thursday, January 5, 2012

Night and Day

For over 11years now this sweet boy of mine has made me work and work and work. Trying to figure out how to help him be happy and adjusted and really able to cope with all the life has thrown at him. It has not been an easy journey and last year over Christmas Break everything just came to a head. It was our worst holiday break yet. I cried everyday and felt like I was drowning. All I did was play referee, praying that it was enough to keep the kids from killing each other or for Alex not to kill anyone else. It was extreme enough that I thought, if this is how the rest of our lives are going to be, then I will not make it. I wasn't being able to cope anymore and Al was out of control.
 I was talking with my sister in law a couple of days ago about how nice this vacation was. She made the comment that I didn't seem near as stressed out and that I didn't seem to be having such a hard time. Her comment stuck in my head but me being me it took until three days later to connect the dots. The dots that said your work is FINALLY starting to pay off. Your 11 year old son is accident free for three whole weeks. Longest time without a bathroom issue in 7 years.That he is happy and smiling 85% of the time. He talks to others, answers questions in church, bears his testimony, is willing to work and play and be more himself than I have seen in a long time. He is such a blessing and it is wonderful to see him just blossom. He is such a blessing in my life. I thank my Heavenly Father for such a special young man in my life.

2 comments:

AJ said...

I'm glad things are going better. It's so hard when kids struggle and as a result the whole family struggles. Love ya.

Nana S. said...

Alex is a handsome young man. So glad life seems to be running more smoothly for him and for you. You have been doing a great job even tho it sometimes seems overwhelming. Love to all.