Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quilting 101

 For the last few weeks, I have been going to a quilting class. It was lots of fun and I even got the top of my quilt done. It is a lap quilt size because that is all the fabric that I had, but it will be real nice at that.
We started with a nine-patch and then cut and shuffled it. If you go here you can see were it started. So the top was really a lot easier than it looks. I also found a flannel for the back that is the exact match of the brown poke-a-dot. My Grammy Marlatt is going to help me hand quilt it. I am not sure what color I want to use, but I will figure it out, I am sure. What do you think?
 I just threw this picture in because Nik is as tall as his Grammy now. The picture is at a funny angle, but it is still true. Sure is weird that he will be 14 in about 6 weeks.

3 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Quilt looks great! It's amazing how much you can learn from a class.

It's My Island said...

Love love love brown and green! :)

Marie Noland said...

Ok, i just realized my login isnt my name... fixed it. Duh.