Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Jumble of Thoughts

I don't think that you should put crosses on assisted living homes. Regardless of the affiliations, putting a cross on a home for the elderly and infirmed really just sends off the wrong message. I am not sure, but I think that maybe you don't want to be advertising the other world when their residents are so close to that other world to begin with.

Since when did the library stop having payphones? Not everyone in the world has a cell phone and the library is a public building, built with our tax dollars and yet no payphone?! It just didn't make any sense to me at all. I will say that at least they let me use their inside phone, but what good would that do me when they close at 5 o'clock?

Honesty is definitely the best policy. Although, sometimes when it comes to husbands and wives, we aren't always bluntly honest about little things, like what we are wearing for instance. So two days ago when I pulled out a pare of jeans that I hadn't worn in a while and I thought, "Yea, these are a little big, but will work." It would have been better for my husband to tell me that I looked like I was wearing clown pants (direct quote there) when I came down the stairs, instead of 2 o'clock in the afternoon, after we had be to 4 or 5 different stores.

My eldest is now as tall as I am. He has shot up in the last two months and has basically skipped over size 14's and is now in 16's. It is kinda freaking me out! I am excited for him but on the other hand it is just emphasizing how sort our time is growing with him. I have a child as tall as me now. Pretty soon I will be on my own in the height department. At least we have small dogs. I will always be taller than them.

2 comments:

Krista said...

LOL! I'd never thought about nursing homes already being in/under a cross... that is... wow. Pretty morbid, actually! Also darkly hilarious. ;)

And I'm totally with you on the necessity of honesty; one of my former bishops had a saying that went something like, "It's always necessary to be honest, but it's never necessary to be brutally honest." And big pants are a HUGE problem - they really do make us look much bigger than we are! ;)

Shannon Lytle said...

I agree about the lack of pay phones. I finally broke down and got a cell phone 2 years ago. It's nearly impossible to find a pay phone anywhere!