Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Business

Summer has been incedibly busy this year. More so than many of the years past. I can't believe we are into August. The kids only have 5 weeks of summer left. Here is a bit of what I have been doing. I made this really cute diaper bag for my sister, Delanie. She is due with her 4th boy here in October.
She has only ever had a backpack as a diaper bag, so this is a good first. It will start as a diaper bag and then morph into a fashionable church/all purpose bag. She is very excited.
I have got  to practice just a bit with my new lenses. Not as much as I would like but at least a moment here or there. Mom's Hollyhocks are blooming finally, so there you are.  :)
We have been gardening feinds. We are almost to our last harvest of raspberries, all our shell peas are done and our string beans are coming along. We still have cucmbers, beets, carrots, potatoes, garlic, dill, and a TON of tomatoes!! We are so excited! *Do a  Happy Dance*
We have tons of greenies at the moment, but with the warm weather we are FINALLY having they should start to turn. I am salivating just thinking about it.Can you find some of them? They blend in at the moment, so it's like a mini "Where's Waldo?"
We have also had our pup, Zoie, for almost 6 months now. It is hard to believe. She is just about to the top of her growth. Here she is with Bo, mom's dog.
She sure is a cute thing and had the funniest faces.
Pretty, pretty, please???
We have also done lots of swimming in Grammies pool. Sam seems to most especially be my fish this year. We have been helping her with all sorts of things. Our second batch of meat chickens goes to the butcher on the 15th, Nik has been mowing her lawn, and we have just been generally busy over at moms.
I also made jam last night. Yes it is hot but fresh raspberry jam was calling my name. I made 4 batches of raspberry and two batches of strawberry/raspberry jam. Yummmm...
Not to bad for a couple hours worth of work. I did miss my jam making buddies, but I survived. I think I am going to make some Amish White Bread (click on for recipe) so that I can slather on some of my new jam.
I have also been working with my dad, playing softball, keep up with the house, trying to get my foot to heal, working with Al and his IBI, gearing up for Marc to start football (which he does tonight), babysiting, teaching Relief Society, reading, cross stitching, playing with my kids, and about a hundred other thing that I can't think of at the moment. 

I am going to have to have the kids start school just to get a bit of a break, but then again we will just start some other new business that will keep me running through the winter. Seems to be the lot of us moms.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Nice post Stacie, and yes you have kept your self busy this summer which has been really nice I am sure. Hope the rest of the summer goes as well for all of you, enjoy it because as you said the school year is about to start.

Nana S. said...

it sounds like a very productive summer and there is no doubt you will be just as busy and productive once school starts. The jam looks yummy.