Monday, July 11, 2011

Run, You Chicken Fat, RUN!

My summer work out routine has been absolutely abysmal. Oh, I have worked hard and sweated everyday but I haven't gotten in my regular running in for about 3 weeks. I decided that today was the day to get back in the grove. But there are some problems.


1. I absolutely don't want to go out at 4:30 in the AM. More importantly neither does my husband, so we have not been getting up to exercise. So when to go?

2. I have 4 children out of school. This is a distinct hindrance when it comes to getting my workout done. Summer hours are full of all sorts of stuff, most of which include my kids.

3. I am TIRED from working with my Dad, working with my kids, working on my house, working on my mom's, and trying to generally keep up with everything.


So I have had to figure out how to get by butt moving. This is the plan. I sucked it up and have started running *glup* ... outside. In my subdivision. On a sidewalk. OUTSIDE.

Today was my first day. And miracles of all miracles, I actually did pretty good. Plus Sam can ride his bike around to find me because I am just right in our neighborhood. It is going to be my summer routine. That way I don't have to drag kids out, have a car, or worry about the kiddo's for thirty minutes.

The only problem I have found so far is running pass a house and getting a huge whiff of cooking bacon for a good half a block. It is just not fair to be running off your fat only to smell the yummy fat from cooking meat. Mmm, bacon. I love bacon. Wow. I am daydreaming about bacon right now. Bacon.

2 comments:

Nana S. said...

bacon, bacon, bacon......keep running ;-)

AJ said...

Way to go on finding a way to get it done!