Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ready

Marc and I have been working out in the mornings. The very early mornings of 4:30am. This time has just not worked for Marc. So we made the executive decision to get up at five instead. In order to do that we had to let the older kids get themselves up, dress, breakfasted, and out the door on their own.

We gave them the alarm clock. (Hannah actually because she is better at getting up then Nik.) And they had to get themselves together without any of our help as we get back from the gym just as they are heading out the door. I was worrying just a bit about their ability to do this. I really shouldn't have.
 
They have absolutely flourished these last two weeks! There has been less arguing and they haven't been late once. They were more ready than I realized for this added responsibly. They are having more confidence in themselves and growing up. It is just funny how they take to being responsible for themselves to some degree.

Here I was worrying about them not being able to get up and they just take to this like duck to water. It is really quite amazing. I am proud of them.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Kudos to you and the kids. Giving them responsibility is the best way to help their self-esteem.

Katrina said...

They are great kids and I am so proud of them. Give them hugs and kisses from me.