Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flower-lishous!

"Mary Mary quite contrary, How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells, And pretty maids all in a row." 
 My pretty maids are my lilacs. The whites are ahead of the purples. They are just about to open. We have had nice sun for several days and now some good soaking rain, so I expect this week sometime.
I can hardly wait for all the ones at Mom's to open up. (Her plants are just a bit behind mine because she is just that much further north.) Then I will fill my house with lilacs. :D
My tulips have bloomed as well. They are looking lovely and I had enough to cut some for the house and have some out front.
 Yep it really just that pink.
I love how this caught the rain drop on its petal. This is the last of my daffodils to bloom. They are tiny and very delicate.
Most of the drops are on the back side of the petals. How cool is that?!
These are my tulips that I brought into the house.
I have all my pretty ladies next to my computer so that I can see them and smell then and just thoroughly enjoy them because they don't last long enough. It will be fun to see what next years growth will bring as they spread and grow.
I hope you are finding your beauties as pretty as mine. I may kill veggies but at least my non-edible variety plants are content to hang out at my place.

3 comments:

Teri said...

great job on your photograpy...I love the flowers with the water drops on them. Did you get a new camera? Nice job.

The Crazy Heads said...

We are exactly opposite. We can grow a garden like nobodies business, but we tend to kill every plant and flower we touch. We should help each other out.

Nana S. said...

Beautiful pictures and lovely flowers. You sure do know how to enjoy their beauty.