Thursday, I went over to help my mom work on her yard. While there we found that mom had a bunch of raspberry starts. Yea! So I dug them up and stuck them in a bucket of water to take home. But in order to get them in the ground I had to make a new bed. This is were I started. I had the one raspberry that I planted last fall and that was it.
This bed mirrors the bed on the other side with my lilacs in it. :)
Here it is all cleaned out. Not to bad for a few hours work.
I actually took these pictures on Friday. I didn't get them all in the ground until 10:00pm that night. Which worked okay for planting but not for picture taking.
I know they look a little sad but it takes a day or two for them to perk up with watering. :)
I can't wait for them to grow up. Not only will I have some nice shade against the house, I might actually get some raspberries. Which I totally love. Especially raspberry jam. I have been craving that like no ones business.