Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The 500

This is my 500th post. In honor of that I am going to tell you five things that you may not know about me. 
*********
 I have my mother's hands. I was looking at them today, my mom's hands, not mine and realized   that mine are going to look just like that when I am older. They are even just as scared, thanks to all my cooking burns. It is really strange to see pieces of your body attached to someone else. I just hope that when my hands get that age they won't hurt as bad as hers do.
*********
I so want to be an actual runner. I want to be able to run for twenty minutes straight and not feel like I am going to die. You would think that it is not so hard but it really is. I don't want to run any races or anything, I just want to go out and run for myself.
*********
Even though I have a green thumb when it comes to flowers, I so totally kill vegetables! My mom and I have planted seedlings that we are getting ready to put in the garden and I volunteered my house for seedling germination. I thought I really can't do to much damage. 
WRONG! 
I killed about half of them and brought what was left back to my mom's and now they are fine. I am not sure why I spell death for veggies but there it is.
*********
  I adore sparkly stuff. We are talking Elvis Presley jumpsuit kind of sparkly. Jewelry, shoes, doo-dads and the like. If it is glittery chances are I will end up with it. I have round mirrored Christmas ornaments hanging up in my kitchen window because they catch the light and make it dance all over my kitchen. I love it! My husband says they are disco balls, but I bought them at Christmas, so that is what they are.
*********
I haven't cross stitched anything in 6 months. It is horrible, I know! But I just have not been in the mood. I have projects that I need want to finish for myself but I a not motivated to get it done. I think it is because it is for myself and I don't make cross stitches for myself. I do want to make a one for the Spokane Temple. They are doing a remodel at the end of the year and I know I could make one beautiful enough for there, but I don't know who to ask. I think that there is something inside that clicks on when I am making a cross stitch for someone else that doesn't click when it is just for me. Strange but true.

5 comments:

AJ said...

Talk to the temple secretary. That's who we talked to about tatted alter cloths and she had all the information.

Teri said...

I love your post's and learning new things about you. I have my moms hands too and just like you I would love to able to run for 20 minutes...one day I will do it!

Nana S. said...

I alsways wished I had my mom's small delicate hard working, cloths scrubbing, arthritic hands, ....but no....I have large boned, ugly looking hands. Thankfully I have very little arthritis.

Krista said...

That's awesome! I hear you on the running thing - I've always wanted to, but never thought it was something I could actually do, you know? And yay for a temple cross-stitch!!! What a BEAUTIFUL idea, and a way to consecrate your efforts! :) So cool!!! :) I'm glad Ann commented already, because she's the one I was going to suggest talking to - have fun! :)

Michelle said...

I never knew you wanted to be a runner! So do I, I would like to accomplish a marathon running but just don't seem to have to endurance but I still have hope that I can do it. Good luck stacie you will reach your goal, I know you will!