Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Easter Weekend

This weekend Bruce, Katrina, and Chris came up for their first visit to our new place here is Coeur d'Alene. It was WONDERFUL, but too short. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for the world. We had a wonderful visit.  Easter weekend wouldn't be complete without making my children stand for a bunch of pictures. They actually did really well. Sam was a bit tired but the pictures still came out good.
This was Sunday morning just after church. We had stake conference this weekend and got done with church by 11:00am. We usually don't get home until 2:30pm. We had yummy Easter dinner with everyone including my bother and folks. Some played Phase 10 and some watched a movie and we all enjoyed the wonderful company surrounding us.
We even did pretty good on not eating too much Easter candy. All non-dairy. The kids loved it that Grammy and Grandpa brought some treats.
I really wanted to get this picture yesterday. She is 12 in one week and one day. :)
Then I got pictures of all the kids. Of course I got them in descending order. Can't do it any other way.
I love this pic of my oldest two. They are such cuties.
B, K, and C arrived at about 6:00pm on Friday night. On Saturday we were really busy. I drug took Katrina to workout at the Kroc center at 7:00am. We were back by 8. Then we went to the devil store Fred Meyers to get Bruce some shoes. Marc came too and Chris stayed home and hung out with the kids. Thank You, Uncle Chris. Then we headed for the Spokane Temple at about 1:20pm.
It was ABSOLUTELY one of the most beautiful days that we have seen since last year. We got some really nice shots after our session on the Temple grounds.
The boys were being silly and this is one of the better shots we got. :) They sure do make me laugh.
I really liked this shot of Bruce and Katrina. I played with it a little bit and like this effect. Anyway. I thought it was nice.
They all headed out at 8:00am this morning. I am sad to see them go, but if everything works according to plan we will get to see them (me and the kids anyway) for a few weeks after school is out in June. It is only about 6 weeks away. 

I am so grateful for the atoning sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That because of he conquered death I will get to be with my wonderful family for the eternities. How blessed we are to know this basic truth. I love my Savior and I love my family.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are great pictures of all the family! I'm glad that they had a chance to come see u!

Nana S. said...

Wonderful pictures of each of you. Thanks so much for posting them. So good you could all be together for Easter. Enjoy your fast maturing children. You will too soon enjoy them as adults. Laugh and love a lot !!!!