Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Miserable

Today is a cold, raw, windy misery. 

This is fine when you are in the house but when standing outside watching your son throw a shot putt and run hurtles it becomes rather nasty. This is always intensified when you, as the mom, willing give up your sweatshirt because your skinny butt of a son is turning into a Popsicle.

I am head to scouts. I really don't want to go. I just want to bury myself under about 6 blankets, stick my feet under a piping hot heat-pack, and watch America's Next Top Model.

This is definitely a day for hot soup and a roaring fire.

Maybe in my next life.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

You are such a wonderful mom to stand there and watch in the cold and dampness!!! Thing is, our children have no idea the gift we give them when we do things like this....but they recognize it when they are grown and have children of their own... Next time, bring extra sweatshirts and a thermos of soup or hot chocolate with you!!! And plenty to share!!!

Katrina said...

I second what Cindy said... Amen

Nana S. said...

Sounds good to me ;-)