Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Ending, Begining or Middle


I spent A LOT of time the car this afternoon. I ran back and forth for what seemed like a hundred times for different kids things. Trying to avoid the monotony of driving the same roads over a hundred times, I turned on the radio.

I don't listen the radio all that often. Certainly not the "popular music" all that much because of the bad lyrics and/or language. But I found a station today that wasn't half bad. There played a song that got my brain working. (A somewhat slow and arduous task.) But once it was going I haven't been able let loose of this idea.

The song was about everyone having a story. Which to me is intriguing in and of itself, but it was another line that really got me to thinking. It was something along the lines of ... if I could see the end, will I have my happy ending?

Will I have a happy ending?

It was repeated over and over again. Probably no one would see anything off with this but it just kept my wheels turning.

It felt like one of those things that Satan gets a hold of and twists just enough, that what seems like it should be good is really a falsehood wrapped up in a good beat.

Let me explain. We, as mankind, have been placed on this earth to be tried and tested (tired too). Our lives are not easy. We have many trials that help us to learn and grow to reach our divine potential. But we were also placed here to have JOY. Not just at the end of the trial of life. We don't only have joy after it is all said and done.

I feel that a big part of this life is how we find joy despite and through our trials, not just at the end. We should not be wishing away our trials so that we can get to end of this life to find our JOY.

I think that Satan would have us think that we are supposed to be miserable like him. To be angry at the Lord and our Trials. And by twisting the truth he leads many into the trap of misery so deep that they never do find their way again.

The Psalmest said: "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comteth in the morning."

and in 2 Nephi 2:25 it says: "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have JOY." 

We are to find our moments of joy anywhere we can. Each of us are given a great capacity to smile through our tears.

So don't wait for your happy 'ending'. Make now your happy beginning, middle and end. We were not sent here to be miserable, just to be tried and tested. There is a distinct difference between the two. Don't get sucked into to the trap that you are only to have joy at the very end because it's just not true! 

Our Joy is now in this moment, and the next, throughout our lives. 

You just have to reach out and grab it!

5 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Love this thought for the day, thank you. And while I know you didn't mean to and it was just a typo, I love that it says we are here to be "tired and tested". They are both so true.

Here's to everyone's happy ending!!!!

AJ said...

Great post. Thanks.

Katrina said...

"Rejoice the is the day the Lord has given us" and we need to know how Bless we really are. Thanks for the reminder.

fossilphoto.blogspot.com said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear lately. Thank you. I have also always though this and to find joy is important than to just be enduring life, but life has been going & going and changes everywhere that I needed to be reminded. Thank you, thank you again!!!

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

That was from me. :)