Friday, April 22, 2011

Despite the Snow


For being April 22nd around here it has seemed much more like December.
We have had snow the last two days and awoke to two inches on the ground.
Although long and tiresome as all the rain and clouds may be,
it has been the snow that has been my main concern.
 I planted my flower bulbs last October. Beautiful tulips and daffodils, as well as, iris's and lilies and a peony.
I have been anticipating their burgeoning beauty ever since.
And they have finally started to come up. But then we got this retched snow!
 The daffodils started coming up a few weeks ago and the buds have been up for about a week, but it was today despite the snow, when I discovered this ...
See how the bud has begun to split? With the sun that is supposed to arrive this afternoon and tomorrow it will bloom! I am so grateful for these lovely plants. And a Heavenly Father who knew that, we northerners would need flowers that will bloom in spite of the snow.

I can't wait to see them in all their glory. 

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yes!!! I LOVE early Spring flowers!!! Glad you're finding some promise blooming among the remnants of winter! :)