Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bees in my Bonnet

 I am just going to say it ... If you own and drive a Buick Le Sabre, you are now driving an "old person" car. I know it is hard to hear but I am sorry to say it is true.
Have you seen how many really old people are driving these cars around?!
Every time I see one I check to see if it is a younger driver in there. 
Nope. 
You should keep an eye out and see if you can find one.
Unfortunately their are some younger people out there driving around in this old people car and don't know it, 
 
so I am getting the word out. 
It is especially bad if you pick a gold/tan one. They have pushing 80 written all over them. So be warned, if you are young at heart ... avoid this car like the plague!!!

**********

Anyone who has gone to the grocery store lately is sure to notice the rise in food costs. Between the wars, oops, conflicts in the Middle East and our government being in so much debt that we are drowning, domestic food prices were sure to be hit. So with this price increase, I have been buying less prepared stuff and baking more.

Good, great, fine...except for that price of sugar.

In a months time a 25lb bag of sugar has risen from $11.59 (Walmart prices) to $15.59!! That is a $4.00 price hike! It's enough to choke a goat!

So I did a little research. Come to find out that between flooding rains and a cyclone in Australia (100 million dollars worth of damage between the two), a cold snap in India, and a drought in Brazil and China we are now paying upwards to about .62 cents per pound. We are at a 30 year high in the price for sugar. Yep, most definitely choking the goat.

**********

It should come as no surprise to anyone that we buy soap. Lots and lots of soap. Dish soap, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, and you guessed it body soap. We buy different brands but tend to go between Ivory and Dial soap. With the increase in the price of just about everything we have been buying Ivory for awhile, but we were finding that the Ivory seemed to dissolve awfully fast and so this time I decide to pay a little bit more to get the Dial because it has work well in the past.
Ummm, so I am not exactly sure what they have done to their soap but in a week we had to replace the bar of soap with a new one because we had gotten down to one of those sliver pieces of soap.
You know, the ones that you can get lost in certain crevices in ones body
and fishing them out is
... mmm ...
challenging?.

I just couldn't believe it! We are seriously not THAT dirty!
Not only has Dial skimped on the size of the bar to begin with (they have given it a new "sleeker" design, basically how to make less soap look good) but they have also done something with the formula as well.
It is just crappy and I thought you all should know.
**********

I have issues with heat. Not the kind that comes from the sun, but the kind that comes from any short of hot device i.e. the stove, a pan, the curling iron, a hot glue gun, ect. I had to have been born with some sort of weird magnetism that says you go around hots stuff and you will end up with another burn. Here is my latest casualty.
 
 The frustrating part is that I didn't even touch anything this time. This one was a steam burn. I was walking past my cooking rice to get to another pan and it gave off a large blast and caught my arm. 

Dang thing hurts!

I have more scares on my hand and wrists from all the burns that I got in my life. I just can't seem to avoid it, even when I am really careful. I know "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen", but what is a girl too do when your life revolves around the stove?
At least I am not a pioneer.
I have real issues with open flame.

3 comments:

housewife said...

LOL!!!! I love these posts!!!!

Jenn said...

hahahahaha...Meg was right...'choke a goat' Stacie...lol that is classic :)

Katrina said...

LOL this is funny and I enjoyed it very much. Sorry you burned your self AGAIN... really girl!!!