Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week in Reveiw

This has been one of those weeks. 

You know... where you have all of these intentions, to get all this stuff done, and then you don't.

You plan to get all the laundry wash, dried, hung up, and put away.

Then you don't.

You plan to start the new chore program with your kids.

Then you don't.

You plan to work out on your regular schedule.

Then you don't.

You plan to be productive.

Then you aren't.

You plan on not yelling at your daughter ever morning before school.

Then you do.

This week was just one of those weeks. I was sucked into a book (well a series of books). I was tired. (I can't seem to make it through the day without taking at least a 30 minute nap, it has been really bad.) I have felt fat, even though I did loose 2.2lbs this week. I have horrible, jiggly arm fat. (It is that old lady, swingy stuff that I am hoping to reverse with many triceps curls, either way it makes me just frustrated beyond belief.) Wednesday I had a nervous break down over a zipper. Cried for 20 minutes over the stupid thing. I fed my kids cereal for most of the week. (Dinner has not been on my high list lately. Just can't get motivated to make anything.)

I think that I am in serious need of spring. Spring flowers, spring weather, spring sunshine. I am hoping that it will bring on one of those weeks. 

You know...

When you plan to be productive and you are.

When you plan to get ALL of your laundry done and you do.

When you plan to hold your temper and your tongue and then you do.

When you plan to be happy
and you are.

10 comments:

housewife said...

When you plan on losing more weight than your sister in law and "I do"!!!

Nana S. said...

When you stop being so caught up within yourself and begin to enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after tackling the tuff, everyday challenges of life and ...... you do !!!! I know the temptation of "running away" and leaving the rest of the world behind but there is no pleasure in doing it. I just dig myself a deeper and deeper hole and miss so much. Love you lots, Stacie.

Jenn said...

I agree that Sunshine and spring weather would help....the sun ALWAYS makes me feel better about life!

hope you've got some sunshine in store for you this week!

Debbie Murdock said...

Yes, let Spring come! Hang in there sweet Stacie!!!

Beth said...

Just remember if we didn't have bad weeks sometimes, we wouldn't really appreciate the good ones. I hope this week is much better!! You can do it. Have you ever read "I'm a Day Late and a Dollar short, and it's okay" by JoAnn Larsen. It has helped me so much, I highly recommend it!

The Crazy Heads said...

We've all been there, done that at one time or another. Just hang in there, it WILL get better. I feel right now that I seem to focus on all the things that are wrong with my life or my kids. Then yesterday Ali was having a mean streak day where she didn't want to share anything. We had a heart to heart and I kept telling her how lucky she was. She was lucky to have a house, food, clothes, and a family who loved her. I realized later that I should be saying those exact same things to myself. Good luck my dear, I hope you get to feeling on the up and ups.

Michelle said...

I think I have those days every day! Its hard to keep moving. I'm like you can't hardly make it through the day without a nap. I think I like naps because its my way of shutting down and not have to think about ANYTHING. Good luck and know that we all go through those times. Some days are better than others and the good days make you appreciate them more.

Michelle said...

Your way more motivated than me. I haven't updated my blog in months, I hate doing it.

Krista said...

Oh, Stacie... yes, hang in there. But FWIW, I think something's in the air. It might be the tension of pending SPRING... but for all we're feeling, it's just tension. I had a meltdown at a poor CableOne rep today. And I almost melted a pan. Or whatever happens when you boil all the water out of something.

Good Heavens, I hope things get better soon...

AJ said...

I could have written this post on March 19th. I think I'm a week behind you. Last week was a doozie, but on to better ones!