Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Only Thing to Do

 
 The inland northwest during March tends to be rainy. So when you are on spring break, if you don't want to spend the entire time indoors, you have to do something like hike in the rain. :)
The kids were just going berserk and I was feeling full and just needing to get out. So I dragged them all to Tubbs Hill. Marc too. He is such a good sport. The last thing he wanted to do was hike but he did it anyway.
Sam threw a huge fit but by this point he finally started to enjoy himself.
The kids loved climbing around on the rocks. Tubbs has some awesome rocks! I loved hike on them when I was a teen.
Nik and Al were loving jumping form rock to rock. Nik slipped and ended up in the water. But he was a good sport about it.
I THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!

CHEESE!!!
I love these cute kids.
We ended up wet, somewhat muddy, and a little cold but we also spent an hour and 1/2 as a family with minimal arguing and lots of laughing. All in all a good evening well spent.

4 comments:

housewife said...

looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun. At least you don't have to worry about being eaten by a bear out there:)

Jenn said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! E would have LOVED that! I'm looking forward to a time where we can take little excursions like that as a family!

Nana S. said...

Sound great and so much fun together. It is the kind of experiences that they will all remember. Unfortunately children have a way of driving their parents berserk with their constant bickering and squabbles. I don't know how my mother survived the ten of us. I know we weren't any different. Love to the whole wet bunch.

Debbie Murdock said...

I'm so looking forward to doing stuff like this when my kids get old enough. Also, the picture of Hannah is just darling!