Sunday, March 27, 2011

Break Time

In our neck of the woods, this week is spring break. The kids are off from school and I am trying to keep them busy so as not to kill them off. You know the old saying about idle hands. I have devised many ideas on how I can keep them busy.

Tomorrow we are cleaning out the garage and going for a hike. Tuesday we are probably going to go help Grammy set up her pool. (Never to early you know.) Wednesday we are going to the Kroc Center to watch the free movie, Tangled. Thursday and Friday we are going to do some more classes at the Kroc and some more hiking.

This is all in the hopes of keeping my active kids tired enough to go to bed on time and sleep-in in the mornings. Or that is the hope.

~~~~~~~

Random subject change, but do little girls always chatter inanely? Hannah had a girlfriend stay the night on Friday and I swear she said the same 5 things over and over again. I was ready to pitch her out the car door if I heard on more time how she cut her hand. I just don't remember chatting about things like that. I know I grew up fast and was more sober than most kids, but I didn't think that I was that different. I am getting the impression that I was.

~~~~~~~

Why is it when you need to do something healthy for yourself, it always seems to involve some ungodly hour of the day? Marc and I are working out together. Wonderful! It's just that the only time to do this is about 5:15 in the morning. **sigh** We will see how this goes. I am going to be now in hopes of claiming victory over my body.

4 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Grandma and Grandpa's is always a slam dunk around Spring Break time. And YES little girls chatter non-stop. I have two that keep me quite occupy and it's almost dizzying when a friend or cousin comes over I can't get a word in edge wise.

Becky said...

YOU CAN DO IT! You'll feel SO good. :)

Krista said...

LOL! Yes, things that we "should be doing" generally do involved those unholy hours... I have yet to figure out why that is, but if I do, I'll let you know. In the meantime, HUGE KUDOS to you for getting up so early!!! :)

Chatter-wise, I remember being the chattery one at home - I just had so much bouncing around in my head, LOL! But that only happened where I felt comfortable; I was fairly quiet, otherwise. Maybe it's a good sign that she feels at home with you! ;) Not sure why she's so fixated on her injury, though... except that maybe it was really traumatic for her, and talking about it helps her deal with it or something. Or maybe she just feels important that way.

Anyway, sounds like you've got some fun things lined up for the week! Enjoy!!! :)

Nana S. said...

GO GIRL.....keep those kids busy, busy busy and hubby going, going, going. Yes, girls are chatty, chatty, chatty.....if you listen carefully you can learn a lot sometimes. And then again, they might just need a place they can get away by themselves to chat, chat, chat......about little or nothing. They are just little ladies doing their thing ;-)