Saturday, February 19, 2011

Strap um Down, Honey!!

I am a runner. Or at least I am trying to become one at any rate. To accomplish this endevor, I have been walking/running over at the Kroc Center for a few weeks now. I got an app for Marc's I-Pod touch that is called "Couch to 5k" that has been helping me to accomplish this goal. This last week has been warm up for 5 minutes, run 60 second, walk 90 seconds, for 20 minutes with a 5 minute walking cool down. It ends up total being a 9 week program that I can work with.

I have really enjoyed this but I noticed that there tends to be a lot of movement of my body parts in my reflection. ;) This is the kind of movement that is going to require some serious spandex to keep suck in. But my biggest problem is my ...um... melons? that are attached to the front of my body.

I have been strapping the ladies down since before I can remember but it hasn't ever been too much of problem because I have always just walked everywhere. But now that I am becoming a runner, I am finding that one sports bra is just not enough to keep everything strapped down. I feel like when I get running, with the sports bra, the ladies actually become more dangerous. How you ask? Well they are sucked together, uni-boob fashion and get so much momentum going that they about knock me out!

I've tried the whole bra with a sports bra over, but then I am dealing with straps that don't stay put and just as much bouncy-ness because of the whole "lift and separate" concept of the bra. So now I think it has come to the two sports bra stage. If I don't want to be obscene while running along it going to take some serous spandex.

If that doesn't work than I think I am going to pull out some duck tape and strap those babies down!!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, it can take a HEFTY sports bra. Goddess and another company I can't remember right now make some; the place I've been really happy with is Breakout Bras, and they have commentary on a lot of styles, too, so you can make as informed a decision as possible before committing $40+ to a single item of clothing.

But it's SO worth it!!! :) I can't tell you how awesome it was to find a bra that actually held things where they're kind of supposed to be, and kept them there while I ran - it opened up a whole new world!

Good luck! :)

Jenn said...

Your friend Krista looks like she has some good advice...lol that I may just take myself!

Good luck girl!

Katrina said...

LOL is all I can say...oh my goodness I am laughing so hard. T00 funny.

Nana S. said...

LOL LOL LOL.....LOLROFL Reasons running was not for me ;-)

Heavenly said...

Two words of advice.

One: Layer the sports bras. A unibra over a divider. Trust me.

Two: Avoid trampolines...