Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Something in the Water

I love my kids. So don't think that I don't. I just want to string them up in a tree from time to time. These last few days have been on of those times. I am tired from working out more, so I will readily admit to less tolerance than I usually have. But there also has to be something in the water lately.

Hannah is being excessively bossy. She tends to be bossy anyways, but in the last three days she has screamed at her bothers because, heaven forbid, they sit in the wrong spot at the table, touch their food before we eat or just look at her cross eyed. *sigh*

Nik has been jumping on the beds. He is 13!! He so totally knows better! He is going to come through the ceiling, I just know it.

Sam has been on a crying/yelling/I am not ever going to do what you say jag. I love him but I want to duck tape his mouth shut.

And Alex put a hole in another door. Yes, I said another, as in more than one. He has been so angry and feels that putting his fist through a door will help that. I don't feel so inclined and am not pleased that I will be replacing doors when we move out of this place.

I have ranted. It will be better. I know it is just one of those times that you go through with your children. I am just hoping that whatever they put in the water filters out soon.


7 comments:

housewife said...

Amen!

Jenn said...

Amen to that :)

AJ said...

Totally understand. Right now my challenge is with people who thing they can do my calling better than me. They probably can, but I'm the one who is supposed to do it right now. I sure wish I could hand it over to them, though. Hope you have some better days soon.

Nana S. said...

Total understanding from here. Hope things get better soon. Hugs.

The Crazy Heads said...

I feel that same way sometimes. Listening to you rant about your kids makes me less than hopeful that it will end anytime soon. Good luck!

Jenn said...

I do remember what it was like to have a house full of children, but I am in a position to also know how fast the years fly and really this too will pass and faster then you think. Enjoy the best you can,as you will look back and wonder where did those days go? :)

Krista said...

Oh, I HATE the dwelling damage you can't keep kids from doing. People (generally sans kids, but sometimes who just got lucky on the easy-kid front) don't seem to understand that... *sigh*

Just commiserating for a moment, yesterday was a day I was half-expecting CPS to show up at the door, from Kiddo's shrieking fits and my "just STOP! Go to your room! Now!"s and everything else... today was better, but tonight, like almost every night, stunk when it came to bedtime. I think he's out again, actually... better go track him down. Again.

But you can send Alex a bill when he's married someday... ;) I've heard of simply removing doors, but I'm not sure how effective that would be... best of luck, and oh - here he is, begging for more food after bedtime. Gotta go...