Sunday, February 13, 2011

Have Your Cake and Eat it TOO!


Valentines Day being tomorrow, there have been lots of treats at church today. My poor kiddo's have been turning down chocolate left and right.
Cookies, candies, and cupcakes. 
As you can imagine this has cause quite a bit of upset in our car ride on the way home. But they did it. They turned it all down. :) I am really proud of them, especially Hannah and Nik. They don't feel the adverse effects like the little boys do, so it harder for them to turn stuff down.
So I made some cake. Some yummy, chocolate, peanut butter iced cake. 
 This made up for all the turned down yumminess. They got a huge piece. :) It came out good enough that even I, the admitted 'chocolate is yucky' person, thoroughly enjoy a piece.

Valentines is a very special day for me. It is the day that a most wonderful man asked me to marry him and I said yes. Little did I know how my life would change. 4 kids and 14 years later I look back and thank my lucky stars that he fell in love with me. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines of your own.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Cake looks yummy :) I'm avoiding valentines day this year:)

hope you guys have a happy one!

Teri said...

YUMM...look delicious... you did great on your lessons today and Hannah did great on her song too..it was a good day and chocolate cake just tops it all off!

Krista said...

That's awesome, Stacy! What a great way to make up for the un-fun self-discipline they exercised... :)

Nana S. said...

Yummy looking cake....makes my mouth water ;-) Fun way to tell them how much you love them.

Katrina said...

Yummy.... you will have to make one when we come in April..:) Happy Valentine's day to all of you. Love you so much.