Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cry Uncle

Today I decided that I had just had it. This cold is kicking my butt and I just didn't have the energy to get up and doing anything today. So before Marc went into work I called the kids up and put Nik in charge. They had some chores to do and then they got watch the Avatar, the last air bender series. Which they have been doing most of the day with minimal fighting.

This is a first for me. To just stay in bed and let the children do what needed to be done. I was just so exhausted that I didn't have the energy to do more. It has been good to let go of some control and trust my children to do the best they can. And they have been doing a really good job. Even Alex.

I find that it is hard to get out of the ruts. Those ruts that slowly become deeper and deeper. Then you realize that they are so deep that you can't even crawl yourself out. That is how I feel at times with the house and the day to day of living. I do good for a time, then I get so tired and worn that I don't know where to start in order to keep my head above water.

 I know that my cold is playing a large part in my melancholy at the moment. I will get better. I just need more sleep.

3 comments:

housewife said...

You know...I think I would be doing that on a regular basis since you DO have older kids:) Crap....I take my sweet time in the shower and let my insane-o's run around:)Just hurry up and get better....let I tell myself...I'm only allowed one day to wallow a week...except that one week where I wallowed all the time;)

Nana S. said...

We hope your feeling better and ready to face this day. Hugs.

Katrina said...

Hope your feeling better Stacie... it is miserable to feel so under the weather, it makes every thing else look so daunting at times. But tomorrow will be a new day and a new start. Feel better real soon so you can get going again. Life is a circle of ups and downs, and changes from one moment to the other. Take care....of you. Love ya