Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5 Things I thought about Today

1. First, let me say thank you for all of the feed back about how to go out and still be dairy free. Everyone had great ideas and it was very helpful. Marc and I never made it out last week, but we were able to get a dairy free menu emailed to us from Red Robin and so armed with that we are going go there for my birthday on Saturday. :) I will let you know how it turns out.

2. Why is it that getting heart healthy always seems to involve asparagus and brussel sprouts?!? For me those I like the two worst veggies there are and I am really a vegetable person.

3. I am absolutely bonkers for office supplies! I mean head over heals in love. I needed to get a bound notebook of graph paper so that I can start recording some stuff about Alex (that is a story for another day) and knew that Walmart didn't have what I needed. So tonight I stopped at Office Max. I shouldn't have gone into that store alone! They have isle upon isle of brightly lit supplies. :) Paper, pencils, binders and notebooks. There were these cute little paper clips, some cool locker dividers, card holders and don't get me started on the rows and rows of pens! ***be still my heart*** I know this is a silly obsession and that I should not really be allowed in public. But to quote someone famous that I can't remember, "The pen is mightier than the sword."

4. Why do they make hospitals so confusing? To get to Al's doctor, Alex and I had to go across the parking garage, down a long hallway, down an elevator, down another hallway, to the information desk, back down second said hallway for the second time, down the new hallway, turning left, then right, then left, the right again, to go up another elevator, in order to get to the door to get into the doctors office. It really shouldn't be so complicated that you feel like you have just entered into a corn maze from hell.

5. I was rather disappointed in the last book I read. It was by one of my favorite authors, Catherine Anderson, but instead of being up to her usual stellar standers, the story was only okay, the language was atrocious, and I felt thoroughly disappointed in her sub-pare book. :/


8 comments:

Shannon Lytle said...

Love it! I am also an office supply freak! I have an abundance of paper, cute notebooks, pretty pens, stationery, paper clips, and on and on. I was actually going through and organizing all of it this evening and I couldn't believe the accumulation of writing utensils I have! I get really happy walking down the aisles at stores, just looking at it all and trying to justify "just one more little thing".

I agree on the hospital thing. The one in Pocatello was a stinking labyrinth!
I love these little posts you do about your random thoughts. Sometimes I don't think to say stuff on my blog unless I have a picture to go along with it.

housewife said...

Lol...corn maze from hell:D that made my night:) I,also, love office supplies....brings back the "back to school" itch with all the new stuff:) every time back to school comes around I get the "itch":) lol

Debbie Murdock said...

You are not alone in the office supply shtuff. When I was a shipping manager I absolutely loved restocking day because I got to go to office depot...just heaven. And "corn maze from hell" LOL

Jenn said...

Hehehehe...corn maze:) that's flipping awesome:) There isn't an outside entrance into the office you can use? My OB/GYN office was attached to the hospital with AJ, and they had a separate entrance as well as going through the maze of the hospital. :)

Wendy said...

Have you ever tried shredding Brussels sprouts and putting them in the frying pan with a little olive oil some ground nutmeg and a touch of salt and pepper? You should, its pretty good.
btw Do you watch that show parenthood? Is that a realistic depiction of Aspergers?

ppsLove the way you write!

Heavenly said...

Ah...love asparagus, but I'm right there with the BS (heh heh).


Have you been to Hobby Lobby yet? Can I drag you there some day?

Nana S. said...

Adperagus, yes. Brussell sprouts, no. But I might try them if someone else cooked them ;-)....Cornmaze, ugly and frustrating. Enough already !!! Congratulations on all you are doing to help Alex cope with life. Some thins are just not fun and a great challenge, but if you can smile and even laugh at the quirky stuff you have won half the battle. I too find "office supplies" isle intriging. You enhance life with colorful items, especially with your cross stitching and picture taking. Hugs.

Krista said...

Count me in with the office supply fans!!! :) LOVE office supplies... *happy sigh* :)

Hope the dr.'s office isn't quite so hard to find in the future - eek!

FWIW, I'm not a Brussels sprouts person anymore, but I LOVED them as a kid - I think the secret was butter and salt. In copious quantities. Maybe instead of butter, some olive oil and lemon juice would add some good flavor... I say maybe, only b/c I totally haven't tried a single one as an adult, LOL!