Friday, January 14, 2011

Lake Catanzaro

 I know the pictures are a little dark, but this is our backyard. If you click on the picture you can see a bit better the large slush lake that has developed over the last two days. On Wednesday we got just shy of a foot of snow.
 Then it turned to freezing rain. Put a nice coat of ice over all that snow.
Then it started to rain... and rain... and rain...

 Turning all of that snow and ice into HUGE puddles every where you go.
This includes my back yard. It was bad enough that Thursday was declared a snow day for the kids because our roads were ice covered in several inches of standing water. 
Ice rink here we come!
So I have affectionately dubbed my backyard LAKE CATANZARO.
I think it should be added to a map.


2 comments:

Nana S. said...

It looks like our back yard in the Fall and Spring or whenever it rains. When I was young I went skating on back yard pools. Have fun.

Michelle said...

I agree good name for the lake!