Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In Between Laundry

Since taking the dairy out of our diet, I have started looking for dairy free recipes. I have found that searching for dairy free blogs lends its self to better recipes. In my search I came across a blog titled "In Between Laundry". It is really fun and has lots of stuff on it that I think I will be able use. (At least one recipe anyway.) But it was the title that really got me thinking.

What do I do in between laundry?

Because I am always doing laundry. 
It is teaching me about eternity. We always have laundry and dishes to do. I spend more time than I realized thinking about laundry. 

Is the washer done?

Is the dryer done?

Did I change the clothes around?

I am also always having an internal monologue with myself...

"I really should go up stairs and change the laundry around." or "Self. You have pile of cloths that needs to be hung up." or "Come on Self, Marc really needs those pants to be clean." or just on great big *SIGH* as I look at the huge pile that is constantly needing to be done. 

I do lots of stuff in between all this worrying about the laundry, but it seems very ridiculous that so many of my thoughts are direct towards dirty cloths or clean cloths or in-between cloths! It is the lot of a mother. Running our lives in between laundry.

3 comments:

Erin @ In Between Laundry said...

Well, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for the shout-out! :)

Michelle said...

I feel like that is also the situation with dishes. I think laundry and dishes are never ending!

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

Agreed!