Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stitchery

 
Sam has been wanting me to teach him how to cross stitch for a little while now. I have finally had time to get him started. Basically I ran out of excuses and had to sit down and teach him. It is not that I didn't want to teach him it is just that I have a hard time explaining stuff and 8 year old's tend to be impatient.
 He has been working very diligently the last two days on his first little project. He is a lefty and I was worried that he might have a hard time translating from my right hand to is left hand, but he has done great!
 Here he is working away. Sam was really concentrating on his work. He has spent the last at least two or three hours working on it yesterday. This afternoon he was able to finish it up. The only thing he didn't do was the back-stitching. His pattern was dark and it was hard to see.
 Here he is with his finished piece. Of course it was a bear. :) Sam loves bears and has a collection. I even had him sign his piece. Every artist has to sign their work.
 Ta-Da! He did AWESOME!! I am so proud of my little cross stitcher. Nik and Hannah are working on their pieces too. Pretty soon we are going to have a whole family of stitchers.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Awesome job!

Katrina said...

Great job Sam....I love it and your going to be great at it. I am so proud of you and your brothers and sister. We miss you and we love you all so much.

Debbie Murdock said...

That is the cutest thing!!! He did such a fantastic job!!!!