Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things I've Learned on Thursday

1. When baking candies for the first time in awhile, it is best to remember that taste is more important than the presentation. I have had some pretty tasty morsels that have looked like something that was mauled by a dog. But once you put them in your mouth they are really quite good.

2. When you have spent the last 13 years cooking on electric stoves, there will be a learning curve when you are now on a gas stove. I have burned more food in the last 2 1/2 months than I have in the last 3 years. All sorts of stuff, eggs, meat, pancakes, onions, cook like the wind and if you aren't paying attention make your smoke detectors go off.

3. I am the HUGEST sap in the world. I so totally bawled at the end of Toy Story 3 when Andy is giving away his toys. I cried hard enough, that not only my kids were staring at me but my dog too. I honestly feel like a leaky faucet much of the time. I cry at the drop of the hat and it seems to be getting worse with age.

4. HOLY 6 weeks until Christmas BATMan! November has flown by and I think, that maybe, just maybe, my brain is flowing with it. I know my mom's is. In order to keep kids (big and little) out of the ingredients needed for treat making we hid many of her supplies in the hopes of preserving them for the actual making event. Then we couldn't find them. Anywhere! Mom searched for 20 minutes and I was absolutely no help because I could remember the hiding places any better than she. Is this a sign of "Old Peoples Disease"? It was one thing after another...recipes and ingredients just plane disappeared only to be discovered 6 inches from where we were stirring the candy that we were making. I am not sure we should be let loose around open fire.

5. One of the most annoying sounds in the world is the sound that is made when my dog licks her feet. Drives me batty. I should be grateful that I can hear such an annoying sound, but still ... licking, licking, licking! My goodness! Stop licking Beanie!

6. That I really shouldn't be writing my blog when I am so tired. I am not sure how much exactly is right, but even though I am sleeping .................. Not that you can hear it, but there was an incredibly long pause there. So I am going to bed, please forgive the rambling.



1 comment:

Tammy and Brian Family said...

You are awesome! I don't think it is from getting older, I think it comes from our kids getting older. As they get older we not only have to remember our own schedules but your husband's and each of your 4 kiddos, that's a lot! Or at least that is how I am rationlizing my very forgetful brain!! ;) Love you and miss you!!!!