Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pictures Today

Since moving to Coeur d'Alene, I have been wanting to get over to the temple to take some pictures. I finally got to take some today. It was all overcast and drizzly. A perfect day to take pictures. :)

 The Spokane Temple was dedicated in 1999. I got to go to the open house and dedication. It is one of the first small temples that was built.
 My brother, Wayne, went here when he went on his mission.
 Both of my sisters got married here. And my parents have been workers here for 10 years.
 I was trying to capture some of the character of the place. It is nestled in the pines in the foothill of the Spokane foothills.
 
 
 
 I love being at the temple.
 And if I don't have the opportunity to go inside, at least I get to be on the grounds. :)

Holiness to the Lord
The House of the Lord



4 comments:

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS pics! I love that temple too. I can't believe it has been so long now since it was dedicated! I'm glad you are up closer...maybe someday we'll make it over for a visit...:)

Katrina said...

Nice pictures they are lovely and it was the a perfect day for it. I am glad you have the chance to go there as often as you do. We miss you all.
Love ya...

Debbie Murdock said...

At first glance I thought it was the Columbia River temple. The Spokane temple is the only one I haven't been to in Washington.

Heavenly said...

Nice pictures...really nice eye.