Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hazardous

I am starting my preserve decorating. :D
We made peach pie filling, peach jam, canned peaches, spiced cherry jam, and cherry jam. OOhhh Baby, it is dang good!!!
I have blackberry and strawberry left. I am also planning on some raspberry jam, but I need to get some of those.
Here is the top of my cabinets. They sure look pretty when the sun hits them.
As pretty as they are, my feet sure hurt. Three full days of canning makes the back, legs and feet feel like they should be cut off. Not to mention my multiple burns. I am so bad when it comes to heat. I am always getting burnt. My arm got popped with hot jelly, my fingers got multiple singes by pot lids, boiling water, jars, oh and I cinged my bangs when I started the grill to process some of the peaches. Sad, I know. At least I kept my eyebrows. :o There are definite hazards involved with food preparedness.

2 comments:

Nana S. said...

It sounds like a lot of work but they sure do look homey on the top of your cabinets. Does your house sit on a slab? If so it is hard on the feet legs and back to say nothing of the work involved. Glad your transition seems to be going well for each of you. ;-)

Katrina said...

Beautiful...you do nice work and the kitchen looks nice.