Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Fashion Show

 Having moved to the frozen tundra my MIL felt that she could make hats and mittens for us again. ;) I found a fun pattern but it was a child size and I wasn't sure if she could size it up. So she has been practicing. Here is one of her attempts.
 Came in the mail today. It is wicked cute and I love it! I am glad it came today. I needed some fun mail today. It has been a bit rough, missing family and friends, dealing with fiances, and just plain being off. :/
 I have been trying to get in the groove of living here and it has been somewhat of a struggle. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the last time I lived here, there where some rough times with my mom and just growing up in general.
So everyday is an adjustment. Working out my schedule with mom, the kids, the house, and just wanting some time of my own. The sun has been nice this week and the colors are making everything look beautiful. I do love all of the trees and scenery. It is one of those things that I didn't realise I had missed. You just lift where you stand and find beauty in where you are at, so to that was a bit of a revelation. Enough of this morose line. I am okay.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Stacie, I am glad you like the hat you look really cute in it. I want you to know I miss you all very much and it has been an adjustment to think about you all living further away then Boise, but we are adjusting too. Love to All

Debbie Murdock said...

I'm usually not a hat person but that is way cute. I totally understand about the trees. I'm originally from Seattle and when I moved to Salt Lake I was glad there was mountains but I miss the beautiful evergreens.

AJ said...

Much better than the hats we were blessed with one year! We still joke about those darn hats. LOL We miss you, too. I'm thinking how hard it would be for me to move to Lewiston, Utah. Hang in there, and you'll pull it off with style.

Nicole said...

Ok, I love the hat, so so cute. I have not been on your blog FOREVER! so much has gone on in your life. YOur new home is beautiful, I think you are doing a great job decorating and baking and gardening, etc. Makes me wanna do more. we have been in our house 2 years and I still have boxes to unpack. :(
(check my blog for news! )