Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dream Design

We are exactly 3 weeks away from the big day, that is when I finally get to see my hubby and move into our new house. :) I am most definitely getting excited, so excited that I have been scouring the second hand stores for design magazines so that I can really put the house together the way I want. I have a powder room and a big front room and I have been trying to figure out how to re-purpose what I have to make it work in a "grown-up" house. (Meaning that we are in an actual house and it makes me feel like a grown-up.)


So I have been designing in my head. I think I have the powder room figured out and even found some fun second hand treasures to make it perfect. Obviously I will get pictures posted as I go along, but I am still in the pre-visualization stage. ;) All of this planning is helping me to pass the time as I have gotten most everything packed. I need to do up Marc's cloths and some of mine as well as our food storage. Everything else is already packed up and ready to go. The week of the 23rd I will start my heavy cleaning and be very diligent about kicking my kids out of those rooms. At this point I am just keeping things cleaned like normal and will deep clean when I am closer to move out day.


I really like the saying in the first picture and want to incorporate it in the powder room, but on a different type of wood. I also like the "book shelf" look in this picture. I think it would work well in Hannah's room. I am also painting all of the bunk bed frames black to give new life to the very well used posts. I know that we are still renting, but there is lots I can do to make it look pretty anyway. I am just itching to get my hands on the place. But I will have to pace myself. LOL One day at a time, will be my mantra, but man do I want to make it beautiful all at once.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are very talented. I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Megs said...

You rock...as usual! You HAVE to check out my friends DIY blog, she is AMAZING!!!!!!! Seriously I have so many of her ideas bouncing around in my head for my own house I almost don't know where to start! Her name is Brooke and the website is:
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/
I hope some of her ideas help or inspire you! Can't wait to see what you DO at your new place! I am SO jealous that you are moving back to Hayden...*sigh* ;)