Friday, July 9, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I know the last few posts have not been very informational. I just haven't been up to writing about everything that has been going on. We got back from vacation at B&K's in Utah Sunday night by 9:30pm. Then I turned around and got Nik out the door to scout camp by 5:50am and Marc and Hannah to the airport by 8:25am. Most people have known that Hannah has been headed up to visit her Grammy Marlatt for several weeks, but why did Marc make his way up there you say?

He had a job interview for Monday at 3:00pm. Marc has been looking for work since the first part of May and nothing has become available (even though he is technically a KFC employee, they refuse to give him hours, they gave him a grand total of 6, very weird situation), so he expanded his search to Ogden and Coeur d'Alene in order to hopefully find something. Hence the heading up to Cd'A. Wal-Mart is opening two big supper centers up there and we will find out Monday if he got the job. We are very prayerful. He will finish up the one class he has for his Associates Degree online and graduate in December. So coming back from vacation, it has taken me a few days to get out of the whole "I can't stay in bed all day" routine. Didn't help that I has some sort of intestinal thing (bad tomatoes I think) and was just plain yucky.

Yesterday I finally got motivated to accomplish something on my house. I got my carpet cleaned, the mess of papers on my floor gone through, my cloths washed (yes they still need to be folded), kitchen, living room and bedroom cleaned. I have some work left, but at noon I am going with Jan while she looks for a new car. Hers just turned over to 100,000 miles. But mostly I have waiting in limbo about Marc and this job. But if he gets it it means many changes for our family. So I am trying to just take it a day at a time and enjoy the quiet that comes from only having two boys around. It has been strange not having the older ones to watch the younger and I have been worrying about them in a different way. Sam has taken over Marc's side of the bed and I have let him until Nik is back. The bed doesn't seem quiet so empty that way and the meds that Sam has been on for the last three weeks has been giving him night terrors so it has worked out for the both of us.

Waiting in limbo has not been easy but a week goes by just like everything else. Time marches on and here we are at Friday already. That is a bit of what has been going on in our life. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

By this Post and talking to you this AM I could tell you were alittle down today, and have been off all week.Sorry life is not going the way one expects it might , but there is a new journey around the bend for you and yours and things will work out in the end. Like I told Jenny have faith and take it one day at a time. Stacie your doing well, put one step in front of the other and before you know it life will be turning you on to another road, it seems to do that from time to time... as I have always said "Nothing stays the same for ever".
Love ya....

The Crazy Heads said...

I wish you guys the best and send you some good vibes!