Monday, June 14, 2010

I Scream, You Scream

This weekend our most TERRIFIC find at the second hand store was this icecream maker!!! I was soo excited  to find it. I LOVE homemade icecream. My mom has an icecream maker just like this one. It was 11.75!! What a steel. :)
Yesterday I got work make up the yummieness. Doesn't take too much. Some eggs, milk, and sugar and about twenty minutes, then WA LA!!
HOMEMADE ICECREAM!!!
Here it is with the other most yumminess of yumminess, Strawberries! Oooh La La
Nothing like some homemade icecream for snack.
MmmmMMMMmmmm....
Here is my recipe. It has been in my family for three generations. (Don't freak out about the uncooked eggs, the cold of actually cooks them. Yes, that is possible.) It is seriously delicious and make a full canister.

Grammie Gerlock's Homemade Icecream

12 eggs
3 tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3-4 cans evaporated milk
2 ½ cups sugar

Beat together then pour into container, add enough milk to container to bring up the mixture to ¾ full. (A couple of inches from the top.) You can use Half and Half or cream for a silkier mixture. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.

3 comments:

(me)linda said...

Stacie, I keep forgetting you have a blog! I'm happy I found it again today. Don't you love homemade ice cream?! Mmmm...nothing better. I'm totally making some for the elder's quorum party tonight. That's the only dessert I have the ingredients for already. :) We should get together for an ice cream night this summer. Jesse Edwards has a freezer too. Maybe we could make a party of it! My mouth is watering already.

Heavenly said...

You know, I've found heating the mixture to 165 over a low heat makes the finished product have a more intense flavor--and it also takes care of the uncooked egg thingee. :D

Heavenly said...

Um...stirring constantly.

Oops.