Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things that go SPLAT in the Night

When I was a bit younger, basically before I had my kids, I would pass out at night and sleep straight through. No kids waking up for midnight feedings or bad dreams. My chillin's are basically old enough to were I am not getting up in the night for any of those things anymore but - and that's a BIG BUT - I am still having to get up throughout the night to pee. My bladder has seen better days, but after pushing out the four youngans it is now somewhat kaput and so I have to get up an pee at least once a night. I require LOTS of sleep and have a hard time waking up at night.

So a normal scenario is after about 30 minutes of my bladder insisting that it is time to get up and me trying desperately to go back to sleep, I drag my sooo tired body out of bed and stumble to the bathroom. This stumbling in done through the dark and made worse by the fact that I am blind without my glasses.

I have the path memorized and can usually make the doorway without smacking my head on the jam. (That is not so pleasant by the way, makes it very difficult to not pee while hobbling around, holding your head, trying not to cuss.) Now all this darkness wouldn't be so bad if when, upon arriving at said destination, I just had to stand up to pee, but oh no! I am girl and this requires sitting. So I sit and what does my bum encounter?!?

Puddles and Puddles of Pee!!! *BLECK* It is such a horrible, yucky thing to sit down on a toilet seat covered in pee. Living in a household almost entirely made up of boys, this is a depressingly common occurrence. Especially when my boys are tired and T-O-T-A-L-L-Y miss. I mean I find pee up behind my toilet by about a foot above the tank. COME ON! How could you get pee all the way up there! It is so nasty! Not only do they get it up on my wall but all over my toilet seat. It really is one of the yuckiest things ever.

I should have know I was going to have issues when Nik peed on himself several times as a baby and completely soaked himself one time with pee while keeping his diaper completely clean. (How he did that I'll never know.) I do know that I learned to tuck those bad boys down if I didn't what a soaked little boy. LOL I was just under the erroneous impression that once my boys had been potty trained our days of "missing" would be mostly passed and dry toilet seat would be in my future. Oh how harsh it is to discover that I have to watch out for wet seats for the rest of my life! Even if Marc is a pretty good mark, he will get old and start to shake, which plays heck with the aim, then I am up a creek with out a paddle or stumbling through the dark without my toilet paper!

7 comments:

Shannon Lytle said...

Ha! That's funny! What a "bummer" to sit down on a wet seat in the night. I'm sure Marc appreciates your comment about what's coming in his future. ;)

Jen said...

hehehe :) thats funny

Heavenly said...

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Johnny-Light.html

Meggan said...

That Johnny light thing is neat! I see you have another baby ticker on your blog......really now;)

Rex Family said...

I feel the same way and mine is only 3. Guess it's never going to end.

Cindi said...

Having lived in a world of girls, I had no idea the "fun" I've been missing!!! Ha, ha, ha! Mae me laugh really hard! Sounds like something a female "Andy Rooney" might do!!!

AJ said...

It took a while, but I did reach the time of nice toilet seats. Rarely have puddles behind the toilet anymore, too. Remember that as the kids leave there will be a few years before Marc is old enough to have a problem. Love ya.