Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother

Today has been a good day. First of all it is beautiful sunny and warm out and I have thoroughly enjoyed this nicer weather. :) It was very nice at church and there was a sweet spirit there. Mothers Day is always nice and as the kiddos have gotten larger, a lot less hectic.
 Here are two of the presents I got from the kids. Nik made me the green soda fountain candle and Alex made me the box. They are really cute. Hannah made me a lovely card and Sam made a poem and song with his picture and hands on it. I sure do love my babies! They are so sweet. They sang in Sacrament Meeting and have given me hug after hug.  
In other news Hannah's hair finally got long enough on the sides for it to all be cut to one length. She is working on growing it out but it has looked so shaggy because of the layers. This way she is working will all one level plus it is cooler for the summer. :) She is such a cutie! 
Happy Mothers Day to all those that I love! You are wonderful examples to me. I am grateful to my mom. She is a wonderful lady who is so talented. :) I am also so grateful to my wonderful Mom-in-law. She has been such an example of friendship to me. Heavenly Father knew that I need both my moms! Love you both so much.

I have been reading many of the teaching of our leaders and came across these words by James E. Faust and wanted share it. I know it is a little long, but I felt that it so applied to all of us women who are striving so hard to do what is right. He said:

"I wonder if you sisters fully understand the greatness of your gifts and talents and how all of you can achieve the 'highest place of honor' in the Church and in the world. One of your unique, precious, and sublime gifts is your femininity, with its natural grace, goodness, and divinity. Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in your qualities of your capacity to love, your spirituality, delicacy, radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness, dignity, and quiet strength. It is manifest differently in each girl or woman, but each of you possesses it. Femininity is part of your inner beauty.

"One of your particular gifts is your feminine intuition. Do not limit yourselves. As you seek to know the will of our Heavenly Father in your life and become more spiritual, you will be far more attractive, even irresistible. You can use your smiling loveliness to bless those you love and all you meet, and spread great joy. Femininity is part of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance it. Use it to serve others."
 
We are divine daughters of our Heavenly Father. It is my prayer that on this Mothers Day, as we struggle with the everyday, that we will be able to remember our God given divinity and embrace what it means for each of us to be a mother!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Very nice hair cut Hannah.. she is so pretty. Thank you Staice for the lovely sediment Ilove being your MIL.Hope you have a great week.