Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hints

I am sitting here and it is actually quiet for ... I take that back, just had to yell at the kiddo's to get back in bed. Oh well, it is mostly quiet. I will take what I can get. I have been really tired the last few days coming off our busy family weekend. More than anything I think my tiredness is coming from emotional upheaval. My youngest got baptized. I don't have anymore children who will pass through that milestone. There are times when everything feels so fragile. Just the barest hint of a touch and all the beads of water come tumbling down, their beauty becoming lost to the thirsty earth. The very idea that in 10 short years Sam will be 18 and graduating high school totally blows my mind and leaves a gnawing fear that I won't be able to arm them well enough to survive this world. My time is growing short and the time that I have to teach and guard my children is almost gone. That seems to be what is pressing the most, the lack of time.

No comments: