Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Bane

As you know, laundry is not my most favorite chore. I am perpetualy behind and even when I get it all washed it tends to sit in a huge pile somewhere in my house and campout for a week or two. :P Then once I get it all folded and put away (usually a two hour marathon event), I go upstairs to find something and there is all my clean laundry piled on the floor, mixed with the dirty stuff. The draws are empty and the whole, stinkin', cycle starts again. AAAHHGGGG!! So I came up with a plan. A crazy plan, but by golly if it works I am never going back! I made all the kids take every stitch of clothing from up stairs and pile into my living room. Then we proceed to pick out 6 shirts, 6 pants, jammies, underware, and Sunday cloths. Everything else went into plastic garbage bags and into the closet! I have a few straglers, as I am working on two more loads as we speak, but I got rid of 5 bag fulls of cloths! Praise the Heavens! Now if their cloths end up in a pile on the floor it will only take me a day to do all the laundry and I won't be re-washing 6o gazillion loads of cloths. (BTW, this lovely pile of laundry is not my own. It looks tons nicer than the piles that I contend with.) I will report on our progress and I will be adding in shorts here in no time and that will add to the totals, but I am hopeful that I won't be feeling so overwhelmed with the cloths situation so much anymore. Here's to keep your fingers crossed and your cloths folded.

3 comments:

msnhascat1 said...

GO BABE!!!!!!!! ;0)


Love

Marc-e

Becky said...

Good luck...I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Debbie Murdock said...

Good luck with that! I don't mind washing the laundry just folding it is a different story. I made a rule that I have to fold it before I put another load in the washer and it's helped a little bit. Still don't like folding clothes.