Sunday, March 14, 2010

...thinking...

.... I am trying to think of something to say besides the mundane dribble that has been coming out of late. I don't think today is going to be the day when that happens. :P Oh Well. On with the mundane...Hannah succumbed to the tummy thing that has been passed through our family recently. Why? WHY? I ask you is it always hot dogs or macaroni and cheese that get hurled over the side of the bed onto the carpet? With my kids being older, 95% of the time they make it to the toilet to throw up, but there is that 5% when they miss. Seems like we are always cleaning up mac and cheese or hot dogs in that 5%. NASTY! Ugh makes me shutter to think on it. Last night poor B has one of those 5 percenters, and yes it was hot dogs. :P So she and I were home from church toady. Nice thing about this stomach yuk is that it is short, so Miss B is sitting in the warm sunshine on the porch and feeling much better. We are starting to see more that just freckles on her face. She gets so pale that for a day or two she is just one big freckle. :) Everyone else is doing good and everyone else has had the stuff, so I am very hopeful that with the diligent application of a ton of bleach my house will not be an incubation site for the next strain of piggy flu.

We are looking forward to Marc's Birthday on Wednesday. He's 34 this year. Almost middle aged. ;) LOL (Love you honey.) We are looking forward to that and to Bruce and Katrina coming for the weekend of the 20th. Yea! Yea! Yea! We are ready for a break from the grind and that will be a very nice way to get it. Let's see...my sister Jan and her hubby Patrick are officially all moved down here. They are our neighbors. It has been nice. We are just settling into our routine since Pat has been here. Jan was down about 3 weeks before Pat. Mom is enjoying the freedom of walking around in her skivvy's now that they are down here. (Jan and Pat have live with mom and dad for the last two years.)LOL Just kidding. The other news is that I have been doing Physical Therapy on my knees. That is wonderful fun. (note heavy sarcasm) Every other day lifting and every other day on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes, with the promise that they will hurt a lot more before they get better. :P They are actually feeling better but it isn't easy. I guess nothing worthwhile is. Well. That is all the mundane things I can think of at the moment. Happy Birthday Grandpa Savage!

4 comments:

msnhascat1 said...

"Did You read my blog?" As I sit with your blog open. ;P I love you, but sometimes I wonder. It was very nice.

I lub you

Marc-e

AJ said...

Sometimes life is just mundane. Hang in there.

Debbie Murdock said...

I feel your pain regarding the tummy stuff. We're going on day 7 of throwing up with Mace. And I truly believe that physical therapist exist to inflict pain. Hang in there with the therapy it hurts like crazy but it's worth it.

Heavenly said...

You're only planning on Marc living until 65?!! ;)

We don't rely on the kids making it to the bathroom in time. From the minute their stomach starts hurting we supply them with a "throw up" bucket that they carry around with them. Granted, it doesn't cover the surprise throw ups--but, it saves mom cleaning the carpet for the most part. LOL