Monday, March 22, 2010

Cleaning or Desperation?

With the coming of spring I become a de-junking fool. It as though cabin fever has finally addled my brain and I can no longer function until I get rid of the clutter that has been piling up around me all winter long. My MIL ask what my plans for spring break are and I said that I would really like to get my bookshelves gone though and cleaned up. Also my kitchen cupboards need to be reorganized and cleaned.

Spring Break starts on Saturday, the end of this week. I don't think I am going to make it until then, as I have already rearranged my living room. Didn't move the TV, just swapped the couch and the chairs. I have been struggling keeping my carpet clean and couldn't look at the spot that I couldn't get out any longer. It is better. But now I can see the bookcase in the hallway. *sigh*

So to say Spring Cleaning in a jaunty voice implies that I am okay with whether it gets done or not. That is definitely not what it implies to me. The not getting it done is totally not an option anymore. The clutter has to Go! The second hand store is getting a ton of crap and I will have a bookshelf that doesn't look like something exploded all over it. :P I might, mind you just might, even stay caught up on my laundry, but then again I may not make it out of the piles of paper that will rise up around me in the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

The Crazy Heads said...

Will you come to my house??? I am a hoarder.