Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's January, Right?!

It has been raining quite a bit lately. Lots of snow in the mountains, with rain in the valley. Last fall in my big pots I planted my Tulips and Hyacinthia for spring viewing. Yesterday after yet more rain, I went to dump off some of the water from my biggest flower bucket because it doesn't have drain. Low and behold I found THIS! A SPRING BUD!I couldn't believe it! It is January, right? I mean it has been a little warmer, in the 40's for weeks now and the birds have been out being psychotic, but still it's January! LOL When I investigated futher I found a second sprout in the big bucket and a third in one of my smaller buckets. It gives me great joy that the flowers I planted months ago have life. It gives me worry because...hellooo people...IT IS JANUARY! I can't stress this enough. LOL So I will have make sure they are protected in case we actually get some cold weather for the rest of the winter. Odds are decent, since it is January. ;) But for this week at least I get to enjoy the thought that I will have "May Flowers", even it's in February.

4 comments:

Marc-e said...

the garden of eden flowers are coming soon. :P

The Crazy Heads said...

That is so neat!!!! You are just one of the lucky ones. Hey, your little flower on the quilt is adorable. You did a really good job on it. AND thank you for your kind words of comfort that someone has gone through this, relief that it will get better, and insight on how to get through it with less stress; it was greatly appreciated.

Curtis and Shauna said...

Wow!! This makes me so excited for Spring to come!

Heavenly said...

Yeah...I noticed the trees are starting to sap and bud today. It makes me nervous that we are going to get a bad freeze and kill them.

It's that whole half empty/half full thing. ;)