Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Fog

It has come to me that as of late I have been having a bit of a pity party for myself, struggling through getting into school, coping with some emotional stuff and generally slogging through the last little bit. I decided that it is time to get on with life. Truth is I have a wonderful life and need to remember that.

1. I have an absolutely amazing husband who...get this...think I am beautiful.
2. I have four healthy, happy, loud, funny children.
3. I have a beautiful home in which to live. Full of the things I love, a warm and comfy haven from the world outside.
4. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and know the truth of the Gospel. I know what I am doing here and where I will be going after this life.
5. I live in a place were Spring comes by the middle of March. That means by the first of April my flowers start blooming. :)
6. I have a working car. That is always a miracle. It gets me to wherever I need to go, be it across the street or across the state.
7. I am healthy and have the ability to run, walk, stand, and do pretty much anything I would like. I don't have to take a medication everyday or an injection. I am blessed with good health.
8. I also have a healthy mind, that works (most of the time) pretty well.
9. I have known true sorrow, which in turn has let me truly be grateful for the joy that can be found in this life.

I am sorry for the mopey attitude of late. I have to much work to do to stay in the ruts of life. Just like the fog of an early morning day, it only take a little bit of sun to burn it off. If you are having a foggy day take a few steps and walk into the sun. It is amazing how much better life looks from there.

4 comments:

Beth said...

That was beautiful Stacie!

Three Catanzaros said...

well it's about time you cheered up:P no pity parties for our visit:) we want Happy Happy Happy :D

Jen said...

Stacie, thank you for this post. You've mirrored a lot of the thoughts I've had of late...it's been harder for me this last time having Erick gone, and I haven't figured out why. But I found that counting my blessings also helped get me out of the funk :) At least momentarily :)love u!

Curtis and Shauna said...

That was really sweet!! Thanks!